Matchworn George Weah #9 vs Solbiatese 1995/96 – Ballon D’or winner!
Bid and win a matchworn George Weah #9 shirt from preseason match AC Milan vs Solbiatese from 1995/96 pre-season. George Weah has a fantastic 1995/96 season scoring 17 goals for AC Milan and winning Ballon d’Or! George Weah shirts from his Ballon d’Or winning year are very hard to come by, preseason or not. This is your chance to own such a rare shirt!
George Weah signed for A.C. Milan in 1995 where he spent four very successful seasons, winning the Serie A twice. The Liberians most notable goal in Italy saw him run the length of the field against Hellas Verona, a goal that is remembered by all AC Milan supporters to this day. George Weah brought a lot of success to an already very successful club and won a lot of titles whilst with AC Milan:
- UEFA Champions League Top Scorer: 1994–95
- BBC African Footballer of the Year: 1995
- Ballon d’Or: 1995
- FIFA World Player of the Year: 1995
- FIFA Fair Play Award: 1996
- FIFA World Player of the Year – Silver award: 1996
- IFFHS African Player of the Century: 1996
Shirt features and condition:
- Matchworn George Weah #9 AC Milan shirt
- Bloodstains from match still visible on shirt chest and sleeve
- AC Milan home shirt, short sleeves
- AC Milan emblem on left chest
- 1x Scudetto star on left chest
- Lotto shirt sponsor
- Opel club sponsor
- Shirt #9
See photos for more details.
Provenance: Former San Siro Museum. COA provided.
The final Footyhammer price is subject to Buyers Premium.