Matchworn Klaus Berggren #9 vs Scotland World Cup 1986 – Danish Dynamite
This shirt is voted at the very top on the wanted list for matchworn football shirt memorabilia collectors of all time! This incredible matchworn World Cup 1986 Danish Dynamite shirt was worn by Klaus Berggren at World Cup 1986 in Mexico for Denmark vs Scotland. Denmark beat Scotland 1-0 in the World Cup opener (first round) from a goal scored by Preben Elkjær Larsen.
This is the first Danish Dynamite shirt worn by Denmark in the 1986 World Cup and any World Cup ever, as Denmark participated for the very first time at a World Cup in 1986. This white away shirt is made with a slightly thicker material than the non World Cup Denmark shirts used post 1986 World Cup until late 1987. In this game the shirt is even more special as Klaus Berggren got the only yellow card of the game and Denmark’s first booking at any World Cup.
Shirt features and condition:
- Klaus Berggren #9 Denmark World Cup 1986
- Danish Dynamite away shirt
- Matchworn at World Cup 1986 in Mexico on 04.06.1986. Scotland 0-1 Denmark
- Denmark white away shirt, short sleeves
- Denmark crest on left chest
- Hummel shirt make – No Hummel bee or TM on World Cup version
- Thick interior material only seen at World Cup 1986
- Shirt number #9
- Hummel neck label size L. Made in Denmark
Provenance: Photo’s and private COA from former Scottish International: